Mackay Seniors Expo
More than 3000 information-hungry seniors flocked to the Mackay Seniors Expo in 2018, making it the region’s biggest seniors event.
This year, the Expo is locked in for Tuesday, August 20, and will be held in the Big Shed at the Mackay Show Grounds from 9am to 1pm.
Mackay Region Councillor Fran Mann said a capped 80 sites were available for businesses and not-for-profit organisations that had goods or services on offer for seniors.
“The expo is a great morning out,” Cr Mann said. “There’s everything from holidays aimed at seniors to retirement living options, healthcare and hobbies.”
“We’ve found that community members are interested in learning more about leisure and lifestyle activities as well as the more ‘practical’ considerations of growing older and staying active and healthy,” she said.
“Whether you want to get your blood pressure or hearing checked, or if you want to check out a new hobby or the latest-release mobility scooters or aids, the expo will have something for you.”
There will be plentiful and easy parking close to the venue and a drop-off and pick-up zone for those with mobility issues.
A range of food and refreshments will be on offer, but residents will need to bring cash as there is no EFTPOS at the venue.
- Crown Currency Exchange
- Department of Housing Public Works
- Department of Human Services
- Eaglemount Retirement Village
- George Street Neighbourhood Centre Association Inc.
- Glenella Care
- Good Sheperd Lodge
- Health Care (Mackay Private Hospital)
- Hear with you support group
- Helloworld Travel
- Horizon Club House
- Intergrated Living Australia
- Kidney Support Network
- Life Without Barriers
- Limitless Livability / Right at Home Mackay & Region
- Live Better Community Service
- Mackay & District Senior Citizens Association, Inc
- Mackay 50& Better Program Inc
- Mackay Alzheimers Inc
- Mackay City Centre / Greater Whitsunday Farmers Market
- Mackay Croquet Club
- Mackay Electorate Office
- Mackay Entertainment and convention centre
- Mackay Falun Dafa Group
- Mackay Fibre Arts
- Mackay Funerals
- Mackay Golden Years
- Mackay Health Services (Bowel Cancer Screening Program)
- Mackay Hearing
- Mackay Home Care
- Mackay Hospitl and Health Service
- Mackay Regional Community Legal Centre Inc
- Mackay Regional Council Emergency Management
- Mackay Regional Council Libraries
- Mackay Regional Council Local Laws
- Mackay Table Tennis Association
- Mackay Women's Centre
- Mad Cow
- Meals On Wheels
- Mothers Pantry
- National Seniors Australia Mackay Branch
- Newhaven Funerals ( Northe Queensland ) Pty Ltd
- Niagara Medical Therapy
- NJF Wellness
- North Queensland Primary Health Network
- Optus Macky
- Public Trustee Of Queensland
- Queensland Rail Travel
- Relationships Australia
- Scents Of Empowerment P/L
- Sewing For Charity Australia
- St Vincint De Paul Society - Home Assist Secure
- Travel Associates
- U3A Mackay Inc
- Uniting Care Early Childhood Early Itervention
- Walk On Wheels Mackay
- West Mackay Mens Shed
- Westfund Health Insurance
- Whitsunday Funerals & Crematorium
The Expo is an initiative of council and is proudly supported by the Daily Mercury, ABC Tropical North and PHN Northern Queensland.
The Queensland Government and COTA Queensland also provided a subsidy towards the event.