Terms and conditions
Mackay Regional Council (ABN 5624 0712069), is the promoter of this competition in conjunction with Southern Cross Austereo and hereafter in the terms and conditions will be referred to as the ‘Promoter’.
Information on how to enter and the prize to be won form part of the terms and conditions.
By entering this competition you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to them.
The major prizes are supplied by Southern Cross Austereo (ABN 78109243110). There will also be one to two minor prizes each week for best photo/video on Facebook and Instagram which are valued at approximately $50 each. These have been supplied by the event organisers and campaign ambassadors as weekly prizes, one for Facebook and one for Instagram.
The two major prizes are identical and include $3000 in fitness related merchandise and equipment.
- Total value of each major prize is estimated at $3000 gst inclusive and each minor weekly prize is estimated at $50 gst inclusive.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash or in any other way.
- To enter the competition, simply take a selfie or video while getting active for the month of May and early June and upload it to the council Try the 5 web page. Alternatively, upload the video or photo to Instagram with the hashtag #trythe5 on social media.
- The winner of the major prize will be notified by phone, email and/or Facebook Messager and will have 48 hrs to respond and accept the prize. If no response is received the Promoter reserves the right to redraw another winner, forfeiting the previous winner’s claim to the major prize.
- Entry to the competition is free and people can enter as many times as they like providing the photos/videos are different.
- By entering the competition, you agree to subscribe to MRC’s Council Connect eNewsletter
- The competition will close at 9am sharp (Queensland time) on Monday, June 3 2019.
- Entry to the competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years. Employees of the Promoter and Southern Cross Austereo and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The major prize winners will be judged by a panel including the mayor and a number of the campaign ambassadors on Tuesday, June 4 2019 between 8am – 4pm (Queensland time) and the major winners announced on air by Triple M with Jay and Dave on Thursday, June 6.
- All photos and videos uploaded to the council web page and posted to Facebook/Instagram with the hashtag #trythe5 will be automatically entered in the major competition, providing their settings are on public so we can find their entry.
- Photos/videos entered in the major competition will be judged not only on the quality of the photo/video (eg lighting, focus etc), but also on the connection with the campaign theme which is getting active in one of the themes for the month (eg biking, adventure sports, water sports, personal training and walking/running) and reach/engagement of the post.
- Photos/videos entered into the competition by ambassadors will not be valid as they need to be submitted by the general public.
- The major winners selected/judged can be either photo or video depending on the quality of the images and video, connection with the get active theme and reach/engagement.
- The minor weekly prizes will be randomly drawn.
- The Promoter of this competition reserves the right to seek verification of the winner’s age and identity and other relevant information. The Promoter’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and Southern Cross Austereo exclude all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage of any nature arising out of the Promotion, including, without limitation, any variation in the value of the prize, any tax liability incurred by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify or change the competition terms without notice.
- By entering the competition you are consenting to the Promoter contacting you at a later date for marketing and promotion purposes and agree to full, unrestricted use of your image/video for the current and future campaigns.
- If anyone is unsure about any aspect of this competition or if they are unsure about any of the terms and conditions they are invited to ring the Promoter on (07) 4961 9637. Full details on the campaign can be found on the council website www.mackay.qld.gov.au/trythe5.