Sarina Barbecue Rules – a “Connecting Community Challenge”
The Mackay Regional Council Sarina Neighbourhood Centre is calling for teams to enter the Sarina Barbecue Rules – a “Connecting Community Challenge” – to be held at the Sarina Cultural Hall and Precinct on Saturday, October 6 commencing at 3pm.
This will be a community event for all the family, with entertainment, food, children’s activities and a barbecue challenge for all to enjoy.
Teams of 3 will cook off against each other to be the winner of the first “Sarina Barbecue Rules”.
Sarina Barbecue Rules – Sarina Cultural Hall – Saturday, October 6 from 3:00pm
Community event for all the family with entertainment, food, children’s activities and a barbecue challenge. Come along and support your team.
For more information contact the Sarina Neighbourhood Centre on 4961 9283 / 4961 9290.
- Teams will be made of up to three people.
- A barbecue will be provided for each team to cook on.
- Each team will provide its own cooking utensils and ingredients.
- Each team is required to cook and serve (1) one meal for (3) judges to taste and judge within the required time of 30 minutes.
- Meal can be a main course or a dessert.
- Meal description to be forwarded to Sarina Neighbourhood Centre by Friday, October 5, 2018.
- All elements of the judged meal must be prepared onsite, including salads, vegetables and side dishes.
- Teams can bring accompaniments eg sauces, marinades, spices, herbs etc to be used.
- Winner of each round will proceed to the final round to cook the “ultimate burger” and the chance to be Sarina Barbecue Rules 2018 Champions.
- Ingredients will be provided for each team in the final round.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All teams are asked to wear aprons and there will be a prize for the “Most Creative Team Aprons”.