Sport and Recreation Disaster Recovery Program Level 1 – NOW OPEN
The Sport and Recreation Disaster Recovery Program (SRDRP) supports not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations with funding to re-establish their facilities and activities after extreme natural events.
In response to the bushfires, assistance has been activated for communities within Central Queensland affected by bushfires, November 22 – December 6, 2018.
Level 1 funding provides up to $5000 to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. Please contact Sport and Recreation, Northern Service Area on (07) 4999 8520 or email email@example.com for more information.
This may include:
- replacement of damaged equipment that directly relates to the re-establishment of activities (including office and canteen equipment)
- payment of services and hire costs, and purchase of equipment and tools that assist in short term clean-up of facilities
- reimbursement for the purchase of the above made from the date of the relevant disaster
- funds to repair or replace when this is lower than the premium excess set by the insurance provider may be eligible
- excess coverage for insurance claims.
Where the organisation’s LGA suburb is listed below, Level 1 funding will be available for application up to three (3) months from the latest activation date.
Mackay Regional Council
- Campwin Beach Activated 04/12/18
- Crediton Activated 04/12/18
- Eungella Activated 04/12/18
- Dalrymple Heights Activated 04/12/18
- Finch Hatton Activated 04/12/18
- Netherdale Activated 04/12/18
- Sarina Beach Activated 04/12/18
- Bloomsbury Activated 05/12/18
- Broken River Activated 05/12/18
How to apply
Where possible, applications should be made through the department’s online grants system to reduce processing times.
Applications can be submitted electronically within the timeframes stated in section 3 of the program guidelines. If an organisation is unable to submit an application online, a hardcopy application can be completed, please contact Sport and Recreation, Northern Service Area on (07) 4999 8520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a hard copy application form.