Walk | Run | Ride groups
Social riding, running and walking groups are a great opportunity to meet new friends while making healthy habits. These groups are free to join and happy to take on new members.
Social Riding Groups
- Saturday Social Rides: Meet at Metro Market Cafe, River Street, Mackay every Saturday from 6am (summer) or 6:30am (winter). Visit their Facebook page for more info.
- Team Caffeine This group rides out and back exactly the same way at a reasonable pace, great for your weekly bike excursion. If you’re a new rider and don’t feel up the the full distance you can turn around at any stage of the ride and head back to the Metro Cafe for coffee. Distance: 15/20km Speed: 15/20kph Maps: North, East, West
- Tour de Latte A loop ride, intended to push those that ride regularlyDistance: 25km Speed: 25kph Maps: North, East, West
- Team Slipstream Picking up the pace a bit, this group of cyclists are always trying to lift their game and perfect their bunch-riding skillsDistance: 30-35km Speed: 30-35kph Maps: North, East, West
- Team Titanium This is our fastest group for the fitter riders. Distance: 40km + Speed: 35kph +
- Lazy Sunday Riders: Meet at Bluewater Quay every second Sunday from 7am. Visit their Facebook page for more info.
- Bicycle Belles (ladies only): Meet at Bicycle Connection, 20 Victoria Street, Mackay every Wednesday from 6am. Visit their Facebook page for more info.
Social Running Groups
- The LRC Running Club, Mackay: Meet at Bluewater Lagoon, River Street, Mackay every Saturday for a sharp leave at 5.45am or meet Tuesday and Thursday for a 5.30am leave from front of City Fitness, Vic Street. Visit their Facebook page or website for more information.
- Mackay Park Run: Mackay Park Run is a weekly Free 5km timed run. Mackay Botanic Gardens, Lagoon Street, every Saturday 7am. Visit the website for more information. http://www.parkrun.com.au/mackay/
Social Walking Groups
- Heart Foundation Walking Groups: Free walking groups, multiple locations and times available, visit the Heart Foundation Walking website to find a walk near you.
- East Mackay Happy Walkers - Every Monday and Friday 6am. Meet at the car park at Town Beach, Binnington Esplanade, Mackay. Dog and pram friendly. Call Pauline 0418 427 099.
- Life In Motion Exercise Physiology - Every Tuesday and Thursday 5pm. Meet at LifeInMotion, 33 Brisbane Street, Mackay. Dog friendly. For more information contact LifeInMotion on 4951 0156 or phone Pauline 0418 427 099
- Heart Health Walking Group - Every Wednesday 5pm. Meet at Botanical Gardens at the children's playground, 9 Lagoon St West. Dog friendly. For more information contact Erin on 0419 020 169.
- Mall Walking: Free Mall walking group every Monday and Friday from 7.30am-8.30am. Caneland Central (meet at Riverfront Restaurant enty, near Stellarossa). For more information contact Hayley from MJF Wellness on 0410 111 285.
- Walking Meditation - Meet at The Goose Walk, Rear of North Mackay Bowls Club. Sundays 4pm to 4.45pm, recommencing in 2016. Participants are supported to walk at a personal comfortable walking pace. For further information visit www.innerlifeworks.ntpages.com.au
- G&S Engineering Walking Group - Parents with prams. Every Friday 5pm. Meet at the Botanic Gardens cafe. Contact Gailene 0401 880 992.
Walk | Run | Ride clubs
These are paid membership clubs who are always looking new members.