Get ready for Mackay’s multi-sport complex!
We will soon be able to access the Mackay ARC in early 2019.
Be sure not to miss an update and register here.
This $23.9 million facility will put Mackay region on the map when it comes to sporting venues in Queensland.
With such a state-of-the-art facility available in our backyard it provides a great opportunity for the whole community.
The vision for this multi-facility precinct is to ensure it caters for the future growth of Mackay and meets the future planning needs for sport and recreation in the region.
As part of the Embracing 2018 Legacy Program the Complex has already received over 200 items of premium quality sporting equipment from the Commonwealth Games.
To date, 120 hurdles, high jump beds, stands and bars, starters’ stands, discus and hammer throwing nets, bench seating, and even a shotput return system have been delivered.
The facilities will also see approximately 135 car park spaces installed for users, security lighting/CCTV cameras and site service infrastructure and a communications service.
Aquatic facilities in detail
- 50m FINA pool with heating, 10 lanes with disability access, 2m constant depth
- 25m warm up pool with heating and cover, six lanes with disability ramp, 1.35m to 1.1m depth
- 15m learn-to-swim pool with heating and cover, five lanes with disability ramp, 1.1m to 0.9m depth
- Lighting to 100lux
- Grassed future splash area
- Aquatics café and reception/admin facilities
- Event control room and multipurpose space
Athletics facilities in detail
- A 330m2 clubhouse with canteen
- Synthetic track: nine-lane front straight, eight-lane 400m track, and eight-lane back straight
- Athletics storage shed
- Two jumping pits with two triple jump options
- One water jump
- One discus circle
- One discus/hammer circle
- Three shot put circles
- One dual pole vault runway
- Two javelin runways
- Multi-use playing field within the centre of the running track
- Project overview factsheet
- All abilities access factsheet
- Project update #1 (September 2017)
- Project update #2 (November 2017)
- Project fact sheet (December 2017)
- Project update #3 (January 2018)
- Project update #4 (February 2018)
- Project update #5 (March 2018)
- Project update #6 (April 2018)
- Project update #7 (May/June 2018)
- Project update #8 (July 2018)
- Project update #9 (August 2018)
- Project update #10 (September 2018)
- Project update #11 (October 2018)
- Project update #12 (November 2018)
- Project update #13 (December 2018)
- Project update #14 (January 2019)