Banners, palms and fountain colouring application
If you want to utilise Gordon Street poles you need to get approval from MAIN Roads before submitting this application.
- Hanging cost covers one banner.
- Maximum exposure period is 2 weeks per banner.
- Hanging cost covers up to five poles, extra poles may be available at extra cost.
- Maximum exposure period is 2 weeks per banner
Council's blank banner suits Victoria Street only, painting costs are at the customer’s expense.
All Banners must be 0.9m wide to fit council structures. Banners must be delivered to the Warehouse at Council Depot Paget at least 7 days prior to the start date.
Please allow 5 working days for collection of your banners from the Warehouse at Council Depot Paget after they have been dismantled. Banners which have not been collected within a one month period of being returned to the warehouse will be destroyed.
- This service is ONLY available to School/Not-for-Profit/Community groups. Palms are not available for private functions/weddings/birthday parties.
- There is no fee for Palm hire but the hirer MUST collect then return the Palms to Queens Park Nursery. Palms MUST BE returned on a weekday between 9am and 10am.
- Council staff is not responsible for delivery and pick up.
Colouring the fountain
- Colouring of the Civic Precinct Fountain is available to promote awareness of certain days/weeks e.g. pink water for Pink ribbon day. This service does attract a fee and it is charged on a per colour per week basis.
- Please see Councils Fees and Charges at www.mackay.qld.gov.au for the relevant costs involved.
Terms and conditions
- Applications are to be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the nominated date for approval to be considered.
- Should any fees, charges or bonds be applicable to this application, no confirmation of booking or letter of approval will be issued until payment has been made.
- Areas will not be cordoned off, nor signage erected by Council.
- Specific Terms and Conditions applicable to the approval of any booking shall be attached to the letter of approval sent to the applicant upon approval of this booking.
- The approval holder is to ensure that the use or activity authorised under the approval does not cause a nuisance.
- The approval holder is to take specific measures to protect the safety of persons who may be involved in, or affected by, the use or activity authorised under the approval.
- The approval holder is required to remove any rubbish created by the use or activity, and to ensure the area used is left in a tidy condition with all refuse & litter to be collected and placed into provided waste receptacles. In the instance that bins are not provided or are full, all excess litter must be removed from the site by the approval holder immediately at the end of the event. Please note the approval holder is responsible for the provision of extra bins where required & removal of these from site after event.
- Any damage caused wilfully, accidentally or by the conduct of the approved use or activity is the responsibility of the approval holder. Where MRC incurs costs or expenses in rectifying any damage caused or contributed to by the approval holder or as a result of the event, the approval holder will pay the amount of those costs or expenses to MRC.
- The approval holder will use the park, reserve or foreshore for the use/activity stated on the approval and for no other use/ activity.
- The use or activity authorised under the approval is restricted to the specified days and times.
- The approval holder will ensure that no signage, flags or decorations are attached to or hung from any tree, structure or building within the park, reserve or foreshore. No nails or tacks are to be used on any vegetation or structures.
- The approval holder is required to obtain any other necessary approval, lease, licence or permit under any other Local Law, Act or Regulation that is required for the use or activity.
- Where MRC incurs costs or expenses in rectifying any damage caused or contributed to by the approval holder or by the conduct of the approved use or activity, the approval holder will be responsible to reimburse the amount of those costs or expenses to MRC.
- MRC reserves the right to cancel any park, reserve or foreshore booking at any time for any reason including safety concerns of the location. If a cancellation occurs, MRC will endeavour to inform the approval holder and a refund of any fees paid may be negotiated.
- MRC reserves the right to terminate the event, either before or during the event, if the approval holder is in breach of the terms of this approval.
- Cancellation or changes to bookings must be made in writing to Council at least 5 days prior to the booked date. Refunds will not be given for late cancellations.