Historical newspaper resources
- Mackay Standard (Nov. 1878 - 1905)
- Mackay Mercury and South Kennedy Advertiser (1867 - 1905)
- The Daily Chronicle (1895 - 1905)
- The Daily Mercury (1906 - 2013)
- The Mackay Midweek (1984 - 2008)
- The Pioneer News (1984 - 2006)
- The Capricornian, Rockhampton (1875 - 1927)
Trove - created and maintained by the National Library of Australia, Trove provides digital access to newspapers. With fantastic search functions including the ability to refine your search by article keywords and date frames. Trove is easy to use and allows you to save a digital copy of the selected article.
- Mackay Newspapers up to 1955
NewsBank database - Complete full-text content of local, regional, and national newspapers. Covers community events, education, sports, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded.
- The Daily Mercury (2008 - present)
- Mackay & Sarina Midweek (2008 - present)
- Miners Midweek (2008 - present)
- Rural Weekly: North CQ Edition (2008 - 2014)
Library members can access NewsBank using their membership barcode number. Newspaper coverage is from August 2008 to current.
- The Daily Mercury (2014 - present)
- The Mackay Midweek (2011 - present)
- Mackay Telegraph (2013)
- Betty Clarke Index (card file) ca. 1980 - 2004
- Ryerson Index (free index to death notices appearing in Australian newspapers)