Responsible dog ownership
Dogs are a wonderful addition to any family, however it is important to understand your responsibilities as a pet owner.
Find out about:
- Aggressive dog
- Barking dogs
- Commercial kennel licence
- Desexing your pet
- Dog off-leash areas
- Proper fencing for your dog
- Litter left in public
- Registration and identification
- Using a leash
- What should I do if my dog goes missing?
- Working dogs
Council's local laws have very specific provisions to help manage animals in the community.
Council is committed to encouraging responsible pet ownership to benefit the entire community. Please be a considerate and responsible owner.
- New animal registration online form
- Application for renewal of regulated animal permit
- Order a replacement registration tag
- Deregister your animal with Mackay Regional Council (Note: dogs declared as dangerous/menacing require a statutory declaration of vet certificate)
- Update your animal’s address with Mackay Regional Council
- Application for kennal approval (PDF 88KB)
- Application for permit to keep a regulated dog (dangerous) (PDF 120KB)
- Application for permit to keep a regulated dog (menacing) (PDF 140KB)
- Barking dogs survey (PDF 436KB)
- Barking dogs factsheet (PDF 1MB)
- Barking dogs letter template (DOC 14KB)