Council's local laws ensure that (short term) rental accommodation provides a high standard of public health, safety and amenity for the public.
The following is a list of examples of the types of rental accommodation governed by the Local Law mentioned above:
- Bed and breakfast
- Backpackers hostel
The local law does not apply to the following premises:
- Where accommodation is provided for lease under the Residential Tenancies Act 1994
- Accommodation for immediate family members in exchange for a board payment
- Accommodation at premises where professional health or welfare care is provided
Rental accommodation facilities providing food and a swimming pool may also be subject to the following licences:
Complete the relevant application below in the event that a person wishes to operate a new rental accommodation facility:
- Hotel or Motel Approval Form (PDF 120 KB)
- Shared Facility Accommodation Approval Form eg, bed and breakfast and backpacker accommodation (PDF 124 KB)
If an approved rental accommodation facility is sold, a transfer form will need to be completed submitted to council. Once a rental accommodation facility is sold, the new owner and or approval holder is responsible for all outstanding requisitions. To undertake a transfer, please complete the appropriate section of the relevant form listed above.
Council highly recommends prospective purchasers request a Health Requisition Enquiry or Inspection prior to settlement.
For further information regarding (short term) rental accommodation, contact council.