Trade waste is any liquid, and any substances contained in it, produced by an industrial or commercial activity at a business premises. It may include any waste that is transported from the point of generation.
Only liquid waste that conforms to council's set limits will be accepted for discharge to sewer. These limits are imposed because waste from many businesses and industries may contain materials that are potentially harmful to sewerage workers, the sewerage system and the environment.
Trade waste must not be discharged into council's sewer, unless the owner of the premises from which trade waste is discharged has been granted a trade waste approval.
To apply for an approval to discharge trade waste to the sewer, submit the following to council's Customer Service Centre:
- A completed Application to Discharge Trade Waste to Sewer signed by the owner/authorised agent and the generator
- Adopted trade waste application fee
- As constructed hydraulic plumbing and drainage plans
- Material Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals and raw products used and stored on the premises
- Any other relevant information
For more information contact Mackay Regional Council.