Tips for jobseekers
Decide on what apprenticeship or trainee is for you:
- What are your interests?
- What do you want to learn?
- What career pathway are you seeking?
- Resume is current and up to date
- Cover letter is current, up to date and clearly outlines why you want the position you are applying for
- Ensure you have at least two (2) referees who are contactable and are aware you have listed them as a referee. Contact details must be correct and current
- Have copies of any relevant documentation which may support your application, i.e. school results, qualifications, licences etc
- Ensure you submit everything requested and double check before you hit submit
PLEASE NOTE: Only PDF and DOCX file formats will be accepted
- Mackay Regional Council
- The position you have applied for
- What being an apprentice or trainee means
- Be well presented and dress appropriately
- Be punctual and arrive at least 10 minutes early
- Switch off all mobile devices
- Respond to phone calls, voicemail messages and emails