Christmas decorations to add festive cheer
Published: 31 Oct 2019
The region is about to get festive!
From this weekend, residents will start noticing Christmas decorations being erected across the region.
Due to the size of the job, council always start putting up decorations in November, so installations can be scheduled for times that won’t inconvenience the public.
All decorations will be installed by December 1, weather permitting, ready for the festive season.
The work will be carried out each weekend in November, with most of the banner and pole unit installations done in the early hours or mornings.
The public are asked to be aware of staff working close to the side of streets when the decorations are being installed.
Some of this year’s Christmas decorations include:
- Christmas tree at Bluewater Quay
- Christmas tree at Calen next to the RSL building
- Christmas tree at Sarina in front of the library
- Christmas tree at Mirani in Anzac Park
- Christmas tree in Walkerston in Anzac Park
- Garland at Bluewater Quay
- Garlands and bowties in the City Centre