Call For Nominations – Community Representatives for the Memorial Swimming Centre Community Reference Group (MSCCRG)
The MSCCRG represents community views on the redevelopment of the Memorial Swimming Centre (MSC) site by providing input into redevelopment plans in keeping with community needs and the most efficient use of public funds and resources.
The responsibilities of the MSCCRG include :
- Ensuring the views of the relevant community stakeholders are reflected in discussions on any future potential redevelopment of the Memorial Swimming Centre site.
- Actively promote discussion within the community and source feedback on options on any future potential redevelopment of the Memorial Swimming Centre site;
We are seeking up to 10 community members who reside in the Mackay Regional Council area and who meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Endorsement by a related community organisation or group
- Demonstrated strong community networks and an understanding of community issues relevant to the MSC
- An ability to represent more than just a single agenda or club or interest
The term of appointment will conclude when the MSCCRG makes its final recommendations to the council, which is expected to a period of between 12-24 months.
Nominations should be submitted in writing by completing the Expression of Interest (EOI) application on Mackay Regional Council’s website.
Please contact Executive Officer David McKendry on 4961 9525 if you require further information.
Nominations close 4:00pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.