What is the Mackay Pride Facade Improvement Scheme?
The Mackay Pride Facade Improvement Scheme supports the facade revitalisation of commercial premises with active frontages within designated townships and commercial centres. The Façade Improvement Scheme is undertaken in partnership with private property owners and business owners.
What are the benefits of the Facade Improvement Scheme?
- Increase in property value & tenancy;
- A more attractive and welcoming region;
- Increase in foot traffic
- Increase in regional pride
- Increase in comfort and public safety
- Promote and encourage activation of facades
How does the funding work?
The cost of works undertaken by the applicant will be supported by a Council contribution to a maximum amount as determined below:
- Works under $1999.99 (excluding GST) - maximum rebate of 50% of the project spend (excluding GST) per applicant.
- For works up to $10,000 – maximum rebate of $2,000 (excluding GST) per applicant.
- $10,001 and for works over – maximum rebate of $3,000 (excluding GST) per applicant.
The applicant may wish to, of their own accord, contribute additional funds beyond the matched contribution. Applicants must complete all proposed scope of works within four months of signing a letter of agreement with Council.
Who is eligible for the grant?
Expressions of Interests are currently being accepted for commercial premises with active frontages within designated townships and commercial centres. Buildings which have received funding from previous Facade Improvement rounds, are not eligible for further funding.
What are the requirements of the Scheme?
- Applications for and approval of funds under The Scheme must be made prior to the project commencing. Council will not grant funds retrospectively (although approved funds may be paid at the completion of a project);
- Improvements must be to the facade of the building and be visible from the street;
- Applicants must be or have the building owner's consent;
- The applicant must provide their matched contribution in cash;
- The applicant must show how the project will benefit city's presentation;
- Applicants must submit application form outlining planned improvements and benefits to the street;
- Applicants must submit before photos with their application form;
- Applicants must submit two formal quotes from licensed contractors with their application;
- Local Heritage Listed Buildings may require planning approval through Council; and
- All work being carried out must have the required permits and approvals through Council and State Government (where required).
- All approved applicants must submit an outcome report along with proof of payment to contractors, four after images of the building and tax invoice to ensure their rebate is processed.
When is the deadline for round four funding applications due?
Expressions of Interests are currently being accepted. There is no deadline for the lodgement of an Expression of Interest. Applications will be reviewed by council within two weeks and applicants will be contacted in writing.
Facade Improvement Scheme Application Kit
For more information on the Facade Improvement Scheme:
Contact Councils Economic Development team on 1300 MACKAY (622 529) or email in to firstname.lastname@example.org