The Facilitating Development in the Mackay Region Policy (the Policy) provides a suite of flexible concessions to support the delivery of sustainable economic growth that will generate employment, diversify our economy and value-add to existing businesses and industry.
Now in its fourth year of operation, the Policy has seen the approval of over 30 applications and facilitated the delivery of significant capital investment and employment to the region.
The Policy targets the following development types:
- Development within the Mackay Waterfront Priority Development Area
- Major industry development in the Industrial Investigation zone
- Health, Aged care and Retirement living
- Tourism development
- Bio-futures industry development
- Community facilities
The Policy offers a range of specific incentives including:
- Dedicated point of contact
- Accelerated assessment
- Infrastructure charge concessions
- Delayed payment of infrastructure charges
- Service connection fee discounts
- Concessions on car parking rate
- Reduction in Food License and Trade Waste fees.
Get in touch
We encourage you to get in touch with council to discuss your development. Please contact Council’s Economic Development Program:
Phone: 1300 MACKAY (622 529)