Facilitating and supporting development for the growth, progressing and increased liveability of the Mackay region is one of Mackay Regional Council’s leading priorities.
Mackay Regional Council provides a range of services to support business and encourage investment in the Mackay region.
> Dedicated Point of Contact
Council’s ‘First Point of Contact’ officer will work with project proponents to assess project suitability, facilitate access to the relevant areas of council, calculate the economic benefits and look at support options from project inception to completion.
> Accelerated Assessment
Council is dedicated to cutting red tape and reducing you time and holding costs by providing accelerated assessment for desirable development applications.
> Specific Incentives
Council offers specific incentives to desired developments including:
- Delayed payment of charges
- Development application fee refunds
- Service connection fee discounts
- Concessions on car parking rates
- Reduction in Food License and Trade Waste fees
> Reduced Infrastructure Charges
Council’s Facilitating Development in the Mackay Region Policy offers concessions on infrastructure charges of up to 100% for a broad range of development including:
- Development within the Mackay Waterfront Priority Development Area (PDA)
- Major industry development in the industrial investigation zone
- Health, aged care and retirement living
- Tourism development
- Bio-futures industry development
- Community facilities
- Housing diversity
Get in touch
To discuss your investment opportunity please contact council’s Economic Development Program:
Phone: 1300 MACKAY (622 529)