Minor Amendment 4 and Administrative Amendment 7
On October 28, 2020, council resolved to adopt Minor amendment 4 and Administrative amendment 7 to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 (planning scheme).
These amendments will be incorporated into Version 3.1 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 which will commence on November 9, 2020.
A full list of the amendments made is available here.
Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 3.1 is available here.
Minor amendment 4
The purpose of Minor amendment 4 is to:
- Update cross-references and make minor adjustments to the wording of code provisions which reference a number of planning scheme policies (PSPs); and
- Incorporate updated flood hazard mapping from the ‘Sandy Creek Catchment Flood Study’ and the ‘Rocky Dam Creek Catchment Flood Study’ (both of which were adopted by Council on 12 February 2020) into the planning scheme flood hazard overlay maps, replacing the current overlay maps
The changes to the flood hazard overlay mapping reflect two flood studies that have been adopted by council:
- The Sandy Creek Catchment Flood Study - This flood study was adopted on February 12, 2020 and covers a stormwater catchment over parts of Eton, Drapers Siding, Homebush and Chelona before flowing into the Coral Sea at Dunnrock.
- The Rocky Dam Creek Catchment Flood Study - This flood study was adopted on February 12, 2020 which covers a stormwater catchment in the Koumala area, following the alignment of the Bruce Highway.
Adopted Flood and coastal hazard overlay maps available here.
Property owners affected by changes to flood hazard mapping are required to be notified. Letters have been sent to property owners affected by these changes. A FAQ has been prepared which may answer common questions related to the amended flood hazard mapping. See the FAQ about the amended flood hazard overlay mapping.
Administrative amendment 7
The purpose of Administrative amendment 7 is to:
- Make formatting changes to support Minor amendment 4, including updating the planning scheme version number throughout and;
- Update page numbers as necessary.