Adoption Of Qualified State Interest Amendment 1 Of 2017 (Dwelling House And Related Provisions) To Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 – Version 2.1
On November 28, 2018, Council resolved to adopt Qualified State Interest Amendment 1 of 2017 into the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017. These amendments are reflected in the Mackay Region Planning Scheme - Version 2.1 and will commence on December 5, 2018.
The purpose and general effect of the qualified state interest amendment is to ensure that dwelling house provisions in the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 reflect relevant planning and building legislation and are streamlined, simplified, clear and workable. The qualified state interest amendment includes the following changes:
- Clearly identify the planning scheme’s building assessment provisions.
- Delete Residential densities overlay.
- Amend the level of assessment for dwelling house in Emerging community zone and Township zone.
- Amend the level of assessment and assessment benchmarks where located in the Airport environs overlay.
- Amend reference from ‘rear laneways’ to ‘laneways’.
- Amend minimum setbacks.
- Amend height for cropping and wholesale nurseries in the Rural residential zone.
- Amend height for domestic outbuildings.
- Changes to secondary dwellings in the Rural and Rural residential zones.
- Include definitions for ‘open verandah’ and ‘sensitive land use zone’.
- Amend definition of ‘residential zone’ and ‘secondary road frontage’.
- Update references to applicable legislation.
The qualified state interest amendment will have effect from December 5, 2018.
A full list of amendments made under Qualified State Interest Amendment 1 of 2017 is available here.
If you require further information in relation to the administrative amendment, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Program on 1300 622 529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.