Proposed Major Amendment 2 and Administrative Amendment 8
This broad amendment to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 ensures the planning scheme remains effective and contemporary and for the region to continue to prosper and be competitive.
On April 13, 2022, council resolved to adopt Major amendment 2 and Administrative amendment 8. These amendments commenced as part of version 4.0 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 on April 26, 2022.
The purpose and general effect of the major amendment is to:
- improve the planning scheme’s integration with the State Planning Policy (SPP)
- improve the legibility and workability of assessment triggers, overall outcomes and development requirements to provide greater certainty
- facilitate new development opportunities, like emerging industries, to ensure the region remains competitive
- correct errors or reflect constructed development in the zoning maps.
The purpose and general effect of the administrative amendment is to:
- support amendments under major amendment 2
- update the administrative sections of the planning scheme as per the requirements of the Act
- create consolidated version 4.0 of the planning scheme
Copy of the amendment
Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 4.0 can be viewed online here. It is also available for inspection or purchase at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 73 Gordon Street, Mackay.
The full list of major and administrative amendments can be viewed here.
A consolidated track-changes copy of the relevant parts of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 that were amended under these amendments can be viewed here.
Public consultation and report
The consultation period for the proposed Major amendment 2 has now ended. Consultation ran from April 7, 2021 until May 21, 2021.
The Major amendment 2 consultation report details how submissions have been considered and what changes to the proposed amendment have been made as a result. Council considered submissions on November 10, 2021.
For enquiries or further details please contact council’s Strategic Planning program on 1300 622 529 or email email@example.com.