Proposed Major Amendment 2
Mackay Regional Council is proposing changes to a broad range of planning scheme provisions, to ensure the region continues to prosper and the Mackay Region Planning Scheme remains effective and contemporary. Amendments to the planning scheme will ensure planning decisions continue to reflect principles and standards developed with community input.
The proposed major amendment 2 (the proposed amendment) is following the major amendment process required in the Minister’s Guidelines and Rules. In 2020, the proposed amendment was prepared and lodged to the State Government for a state interest review. On February 10, 2021, the Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning approved the proposed amendment to proceed to public consultation.
Some of the proposed major amendments relate to bushfire provisions and are supported by further proposed changes in the Planning Scheme Policy – bushfire, which is following the PSP amendment process required in the Minister’s Guidelines and Rules. Refer to other related amendments below for further information on PSP amendment 4.
What are the proposed changes?
Public consultation on the proposed amendments (major amendment 2 and PSP amendment 4) is now closed.
Proposed amendment materials
A full list of the proposed major amendments is available here.
A copy of the proposed major amendment, containing tracked changes is available in the following parts:
The following factsheets provide a summary of key changes proposed under the amendment:
- Factsheet 1 provides a summary of the key changes in proposed the Major amendment 2.
- Factsheet 2 summarises the proposed changes related to the bushfire hazard provisions in the planning scheme. A supplementary note is available with Factsheet A providing further technical detail on proposed changes.
- Factsheet 3 provides a summary of proposed changes related to new high impact activity buffers.
Other related amendments
The proposed PSP amendment includes proposed changes to PSP – bushfire, which is related to proposed changes to the bushfire hazard overlay code under the proposed major amendment 2. The consultation period for PSP amendment 4 occurs at the same time as the proposed major amendment 2 consultation period.
Further information on proposed PSP amendment 4 can be viewed here.
Make an enquiry
Anyone in the community can make an enquiry to the Strategic Planning program through the following contact methods:
- Phone: 1300 (MACKAY) 622 529
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Front counter enquiry at the Mackay customer service centre, Gordon Street Mackay
- By appointment: book an appointment via email@example.com
Register for updates
To stay informed about the planning scheme, including proposed amendments, and to receive other council planning and development updates, register to receive council’s Mackay Planning News.