Minor Amendment 5
On April 13, 2022, council resolved to adopt Minor amendment 5. The amendment commenced as part of version 4.0 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 on April 26, 2022.
The purpose and general effect of Minor amendment 5 is to:
incorporate flood mapping from the three drainage studies listed below (adopted by council on 27 January 2021) into the Flood and coastal hazard overlay:
- The North Mackay Drainage Study (WRM 2019)
- The West Mackay Drainage Study (AECOM 2019)
- The Andergrove Beaconsfield Drainage Study (AECOM 2020)
update planning scheme overlay maps to reflect the following updated State Planning Policy (SPP) layers:
- Biodiversity – MSES – Wildlife habitat
- Cultural heritage – State heritage place layer
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – Railway layer
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – State-controlled road (voluntary)
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – State-controlled road (mandatory)
Adopted flood and coastal hazard overlay maps available to view here. Updated overlay maps are available to view here.
Property owners affected by changes to flood hazard mapping were notified by letters. A FAQ has been prepared which may answer common questions related to the amended flood hazard mapping. See the FAQ about the amended flood hazard overlay mapping.
For enquiries or further details please contact council’s Strategic Planning Program on 1300 622 529 or email email@example.com.