Proposed Minor Amendment 5
Council is preparing Minor amendment 5 to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 (planning scheme).
This amendment, if adopted, will be incorporated into Version 4.0 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 which will commence in late 2021.
The purpose of Minor amendment 5 is to amend the Flood and coastal hazard overlay – flood hazard maps to reflect new flood mapping from three drainage studies that were adopted by Council on 27 January 2021:
- The North Mackay Drainage Study (WRM 2019)
- The West Mackay Drainage Study (AECOM 2019)
- The Andergrove Beaconsfield Drainage Study (AECOM 2020)
Property owners affected by changes to flood hazard mapping are required to be notified. Letters have been sent to property owners affected by these changes. the following FAQ about the amended flood hazard overlay mapping may answer common questions related to the amended flood hazard
Minor amendment 5 will also update planning scheme overlay maps to reflect the following updated State Planning Policy (SPP) layers:
- Biodiversity – MSES – Wildlife habitat
- Cultural heritage – State heritage place layer
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – Railway layer
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – State-controlled road (voluntary)
- Transport infrastructure – Transport noise corridor – State-controlled road (mandatory)
Further information about these amendments will be provided at a later date.
Register for updates
To stay informed about the planning scheme, including proposed amendments, and to receive other council planning and development updates, register to receive council’s Mackay Planning News.