Proposed Planning Scheme Policy (PSP) Amendment 4 - Bushfire
Mackay Regional Council is proposing to amend Planning scheme policy (PSP) – bushfire. The amendments are proposed as part of a package which includes proposed major amendment 2 to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017.
What is proposed to change
The purpose and general effect of PSP amendment 4 - bushfire is to amend the existing PSP – bushfire protection. A summary of proposed changes to each PSP is as follows:
- Change title to ‘Planning scheme policy – bushfire’
- Explain new terminology and concepts related to bushfire proposed to be referred to in the planning scheme under major amendment 2
- The concepts and terminology are in accordance with the following State guidance documents, which were referred to in drafting major amendment 2:
Public consultation on the proposed PSP amendment 4 is now closed.
Proposed amendment materials
For more details on the proposed changes, refer to:
- The draft proposed Planning scheme policy - bushfire;
- This factsheet on changes to bushfire provisions proposed under major amendment 2.
You can also refer to the major amendment 2 page for further details about this related amendment.
Make an enquiry
For enquiries or further details please contact council’s Strategic Planning program on 1300 MACKAY (622 529) or email email@example.com.
Register for updates
To stay informed about the planning scheme, including proposed amendments, and to receive other council planning and development updates, register to receive council’s Mackay Planning News.