Proposed Planning Scheme Policy Amendment 4 (PSP Bushfire)
On April 13, 2022, council resolved to adopt Planning Scheme Policy amendment 4. The amendment commenced as part of version 2.0 of Planning Scheme Policy – bushfire on April 26, 2022. The PSP amendment relates to amendments made to the Bushfire hazard overlay code under Major amendment 2.
The purpose and general effect of Planning Scheme Policy amendment 4 is to:
- Change title to ‘Planning scheme policy – bushfire’
- Explain new terminology and concepts related to bushfire proposed to be referred to in the planning scheme under major amendment 2
- The concepts and terminology are in accordance with the following State guidance documents, which were referred to in drafting major amendment 2:
For more details on the proposed changes (including tracked changes), refer to Planning scheme policy – bushfire.
Public consultation on the proposed PSP amendment 4 is now closed.
No submissions were made on the PSP amendment 4 – bushfire. The PSP amendment 4 – bushfire – consultation report – response to submissions:
- describes consultation activities undertaken;
- explains why submissions on Major amendment 2 that mentioned bushfire were about the planning scheme rather than the PSP – bushfire; and
- details changes made to the PSP to align with changes made to the Major amendment 2 to the planning scheme in response to submissions.
For enquiries or further details please contact council’s Strategic Planning program on 1300 MACKAY (622 529) or email email@example.com.
Register for updates
To stay informed about the planning scheme, including proposed amendments, and to receive other council planning and development updates, register to receive council’s Mackay Planning News.