The festive season is in full swing around our region. For your convenience we have put together a list of council-supported events so that you don’t miss out on attending an event close to you.
Christmas in the Gardens
Friday, December 13, from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
The Meadowlands Amphitheatre in the Botanic Gardens
The Botanic Gardens' Meadowlands Amphitheatre will come alive with Christmas cheer on Friday, December 13.
From 6pm, enjoy performances by Kathleen Campbell, joined by Brendan Smith and Sarah Rozekrans, Theatre Arts Mackay, Dance Excellence and Anette Worthington.
Bring a picnic or purchase something from one of the food vans available on the night. This is an alcohol-free event.
Parking is available at the Meadowlands car park, off Alexandra Street.
For more details visit www.mackayregionalbotanicgardens.com.au
Sarina’s annual Community Christmas Celebration
5pm to 8.30pm, Saturday, December 7
Cultural Hall Precinct, Sarina
Save the date now for the annual Sarina Community Christmas Celebration - Saturday, December 7
Come along to the Cultural Hall Precinct from 5pm to 8.30pm for a celebration with friends and family.
Come dressed as an authentic villager of Bethlehem. Enjoy a sausage sizzle, face painting, a visit from Santa, lots of give-aways (hampers), carols and, of course, the lighting of the Sarina town Christmas Tree.
For further information, phone Sarina Neighbourhood Centre on 4961 9283.
Sponsored by the Scripture Union.
4MK's Carols in the City
From 3pm, Saturday, December 7
Bluewater Quay, Mackay
Bring your picnic blanket or deck chair and your singing voice to the Bluewater Quay for 4MK's Carols in the City, Saturday, December 7, 2019!
4MK’s Carols in the City features many talented community musicians and singers who will ring out festive cheer with popular Carols and Christmas songs you know and love.
There will also be a Mackay Airport Kids Zone with FREE kids activities and plenty of food vendors for the whole family. So make sure to reserve your spot early for a 6:30pm start for the Christmas Carols.
Christmas Grants of up to $750 have been provided to run 16 separate Christmas celebrations across our region.
Grants totalled $10,000 and were offered to not-for-profits hosting events that were open and involved the whole community.
Events supported include:
- Dows Creek Hall Committee’s "Deck our Hall with the Joy of Christmas" community Christmas gathering at Dows Creek Hall on December 8 from 2pm to 9pm
- Calen and District War Memorial Hall Association’s Calen Christmas Party at Calen District State College on December 7 from 5pm to 9pm
- Mackay City Band to fund multiple performances of Christmas carols across the Mackay community
- Sarina Surf Lifesaving Club’s Carols on the Beach at Sarina Beach on December 14 from 5pm to 9pm
- St Brigid's Parish (Farleigh), 49th Annual Christmas Fair on December 14 from 5pm to 7pm
- Scripture Union Queensland and Sarina District Schools Chaplaincy’s Community Carols Night, “The Little Town of Bethlehem” at Bob Wood Cultural Hall on December 7 from 5pm to 7.30pm
- Rotary Club of Pioneer Valley’s Christmas Fair in Railway Park, Mirani, on December 14 from 4pm to 9pm
- The Neighbourhood Hub’s World Café Christmas Carols at The Neighbourhood Hub (4 George Street) on December 10 from 4pm to 6.30pm
- Mackay Baptist Church’s free community Christmas carols event at Mackay Central State School on December 1 from 5pm to 8pm
- Eungella Community Development Association’s Annual Christmas Dinner in the Eungella Community Hall on December 6 from 5pm to 10pm
- The Pyjama Foundation’s Christmas party for the children in care, their carers and families and the volunteers at Illawong Leisure Centre on December 15 from 3pm to 5pm
- Mackay Community Lutheran Church’s Annual Advent Evening “Return to Bethlehem” at the Lutheran Church on December 8 from 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Habana and Districts Progress Association’s Carols under the Stars at the Habana Community Hub on December 21 from 7pm to 9.30pm
- Sarina Range Community Association’s Community Christmas Gathering at Sarina Range CWA Hall on December 14 from 4pm to 11pm
- SNAGS - Special Needs Support Group’s Christmas Party at PCYC North Mackay on December 7 from 5pm to 10pm
- Bloomsbury Soldiers Memorial Hall Community Christmas Party on December 14 from 5pm to 9pm