Mackay Through The Lens Photo Competition
Capture the Mackay region this October and you could win $3000 in Camera House vouchers!
Grab your camera/phone and plan your shot list now to capture the ‘magic’ of the Mackay region. From beautiful sunsets and sunrises to lush rainforest and lookouts, the list of possible photo locations is endless.
How to enter
Take a photo to capture the Mackay region and upload it to this webpage. It’s that easy! And you can enter as many times as you like.
You can also hashtag #mackaypridelens on social media with a photo or video to win heaps of weekly prizes. Don’t forget to upload your best images below though, to share in thousands of dollars of Camera House vouchers! A $2000 voucher will be awarded to the best judged photo and a $1000 voucher will be awarded to the People’s Choice winner.
Click here to submit your photo/video for your chance to win...
> Note - if you encounter any difficulties uploading photos with Internet Explorer please try Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The competition opens on Monday, September 30 and closes 5pm Friday, November 1.
Not sure where to start? Focus on our weekly shot list below for photo ideas:
- Week 1 / Shot 1 - sunrise and sunset
- Week 2 / Shot 2 - nature reserved (hot tip – visit the Mackay Tourism Facebook page for info about a free photography skills session)
- Week 3 / Shot 3 - sugar city (hot tip – visit Sarina Sugar Shed or the Mackay City Centre)
- Week 4 / Shot 4 - food lovers (hot tip – Global Grooves is being held on Saturday, October 26 at the Meadowlands Amphitheatre)
- Week 5 / Shot 5 – landscapes and lookouts
People’s Choice entries close early at 8:30am, Monday October 28.
Want more? There’s also a Mackay through the Lens scavenger hunt!
Looking for a weekend challenge? Load the kids in the car and test your family/friends with our Mackay through the Lens scavenger hunt! We’ve hidden the below MACKAY letters around the region at six iconic locations. To complete the challenge, find each letter, take a selfie/photo with the letter at each location and hashtag #mackaypridelens on social media.
> The first person to find all six letters and email their photos to firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a mystery prize (Note - this challenge has now been completed and the prize has been awarded)
Scavenger hunt clues:
- M - is located somewhere "fishy" at the Mackay Marina Village, Mackay Harbour
- A - can be found in the Mackay City Centre near lots of fresh water and flowing salt water!
- C - is at one of our Mackay Regional Council Libraries
- K - can be found at a delicious location surrounded by rainforest at Cape Hillsborough (note - the letter K will not be on display at the location until after October 7)
- A - is located at one of the “sweetest” places in Sarina (and Mackay!)
- Y - can be found somewhere in the Pioneer Valley at the home of the famous yodel burger!
Terms and conditions
Proudly supported by: