My Legendary Neighbour Award
Tell us what is great about your relationship with your neighbour?
To celebrate Neighbour Day 2021, we are asking you – what is great about your relationship with your neighbour/neighbourhood? Simply submit a My Legendary Neighbour nomination for your chance to win a wonderful prize to share with your legendary neighbour.
Nominations close on Monday, March 22 at midnight; and the winner will be announced on Friday, March 26.
All nominations received will be acknowledged by email once the nomination form is submitted online. All nominees will be shortlisted and will each receive a certificate of recognition.
Tell us about your legendary neighbour!
Would you like to know more?
What makes a great neighbourly relationship?
Examples of neighbourly activities may include examples such as:
- Offering to bring in a neighbours’ bin or mail when they go away
- Offering to carpool or drive a neighbour to appointments/shopping
- Offering to check in on neighbours on a regular basis
- Offering to help before, during or after a serve weather event
- Offering to help or run errands during the COVID-19 lockdown
- Offering comfort through being friendly, smiling and saying hello
- Inviting a neighbour over for a cuppa
- Sharing a meal with neighbours
Who is eligible to be nominated to be a great neighbour?
The neighbour being nominated for the award must:
- Not be related to the person they are assisting
- Offer help out of their own free will and without monetary reward
- Not be helping the neighbour as part of an existing formal volunteer role. eg delivered meals
What else will be considered?
When assessing nominations for the why is your neighbour great awards, we will also take into consideration the impact or benefit of the act on the nominator/s quality of life and the broader community/neighbourhood as well as timeframe over which the support has been offered.
What is the selection procedure?
- Nominations close on Monday, March 22, at midnight. Late nominations will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- Short listing of nominations will be completed by a panel of council representatives, final selection will be made by the Mayor of Mackay, Cr Greg Williamson.
- Allocation of awards will be based on the information provided by the nominator
- An unsuccessful nomination will not prevent the nomination being made again if Neighbour Day Awards are held in the future.
Terms and conditions
- All nominations must be on the official nomination form
- It is essential that nomination forms are completed in full, including the name and contact details of the person being nominated as well as details of the person nominating them
- All nominations must be lodged online and will not be accepted in any other format
- All nomination information and material submitted remains the property of Mackay Regional Council and may be used to continue to promote Neighbour Day in the future.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-returnable and not able to be exchanged for other products and services.