Online Sports Expo and Sign-On
Welcome to the Online Sports Expo and Sign-on event! As a result of the current restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sports Expo is unable to be held in its usual format at the Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre.
The annual event, which is now in its 11th year, has been transformed into an interactive online event for the whole month of February.
A wide range of sporting organisations, teams and active leisure groups are listed on the online portal, to provide a ‘one stop information shop’ of get-active opportunities in our region.
- 90+ sport and recreation exhibitors are available online
- Watch eight active zone demonstration videos
- 30+ come and try days are available at local sport and recreation clubs for the month of February
- There are also some great prizes up for grabs, including a signed men's Big Bash 08 squad cricket bat!
If you attended a Sports Expo come-and-try event, or visited the online portal, we would love to get your feedback.
Click here to complete a short survey and you could win a $100 Harrup Park gift voucher for your efforts!
Tip – Don’t forget to open the index in the bottom left-hand corner of the online portal to view a list of all club/groups on display. When viewing the online portal on a small screen such as a mobile phone please rotate the phone to a landscape orientation for it to appear correctly.
Come and try days
As part of the Online Sports Expo and Sign-on event, more than 30 sporting clubs/groups have created come and try days to allow you to view their facilities. Check out the calendar below for event times and dates.
COMPETITION - Take a photo while visiting one or more of the come and try days and use the hashtag #onlinesportexpo on social media for a chance to win a signed Brisbane Heat Men’s 08 cricket bat! You could also win a share in $500 of Wests Leagues Club gift vouchers.
* Terms and conditions apply. View the terms and conditions for more details.
Nominate your favourite club
Nominate your favourite sport or recreation club and they could win a $500 Intersport voucher! You could also win a $100 Harrup Park gift voucher for your efforts. Note - to be eligible for nomination, clubs need to be listed on the Online Sports Expo portal.
* Terms and conditions apply. Click here for more details.
Online Sports Expo FAQ
1. How do I navigate the Online Sports Expo and Sign-On portal?
Click here for instructions to help you navigate the site.
2. Who can I ask to help me navigate the Sports Expo and Sign-On site?
Contact the Sport and Recreation team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit any council library and a library staff member will assist you. For library locations and opening hours click here.
3. How do I register to join a club?
In the club’s profile information, click on the links to the club’s website, Facebook, or email and directly communicate with the club who will assist you with your registration.
4. How do I find out more about a come and try day?
Check out the come and try day calendar on this web page for event details, click on the link to the club's come and try day information in the club profile or talk to the club directly to find out more.
5. How do I enter in a competition to win a prize?
Nominate your favourite club or sporting group on the entry form located on this web page and you could win a prize. You can also take a photo while attending a come and try day event and post to social media with the hashtag #onlinesportexpo to win a signed Brisbane Heat Men’s cricket bat from the 2008 team! *TIP - make sure your Facebook privacy settings are on public so we can find your entry.
6. Is there a Sports Expo event at the Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre in 2021?
No, this is a virtual online event only.
7. How can I provide feedback about the 2021 Online Sports Expo and Sign-On?
Click here to complete a short survey to provide your feedback. The survey information will be used to help us improve future Sports Expo events and by filling in a survey you could win a $100 Harrup Park gift voucher!
8. Why is the Online Sports Expo portal not appearing correctly on my device or loading slowly?
Pease check your internet connection and ensure you are using a device with the latest software, as slow internet speeds and out of date software may lead to display problems. Please see our instructions above for tips on how to navigate the online portal and rectify display issues.
For more information about the Online Sports Expo and Sign-on event, or if you are having technical difficulties, please contact the Sport and Recreation team by emailing email@example.com.
Proudly brought to you by: