Australia Day grants
Create a community Aussie Day event!
Australia Day event grants are now open, so you can celebrate what’s great about the Mackay region.
Council is offering Australia Day 2023 event grants of up to $1000 to help not-for-profit groups put on a ripper Aussie Day event. As an example, celebrations could include a family fun day at a local park, an Aussie-themed morning tea with community awards or an epic game of beach cricket!
To be eligible, your event must:
- Take place on Australia Day 2023 (Thursday, January 26)
- Be located within the Mackay Regional Council area
- Be open to all members of the public and be free to attend
- Recognise Mackay Regional Council’s support for the event on the day and in all promotional material (including posters, flyers and social media) leading up to the event.
To apply for a grant, complete the online application form before midnight Sunday, November 20 (no late submissions will be accepted). Applicants will be notified of the funding result within three weeks of the closing date.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Complete a tax declaration form and return by 5pm Wednesday, December 7 to ensure payment is made before the end of 2022
- Provide event details (confirmed times, location, activities etc) for promotion on council’s website as part of our official Australia Day web page as soon as possible
- After the event - complete an Australia Day 2023 Grant Outcome Form (including event feedback, attendance figures, participation of sponsors and images) by February 10, 2023.
* To be eligible, you must be a registered not-for-profit group or have a letter of support from a registered not-for-profit group.
Australia Day event photos
Proudly supported by: