Australia Day grants
Create a community Aussie Day event!
Australia Day event grants are now open, so you can celebrate what’s great about the Mackay region.
Council is offering Australia Day 2020 grants of up to $1000 to help not-for-profit groups put on a true-blue Australia Day event. Celebrations could range from a family fun day at a local park to an Aussie-themed morning tea, or an epic game of beach cricket!
To be eligible, your event must:
- Take place on Australia Day 2020 (Sunday, January 26)
- Be located within the Mackay Regional Council area
- Be open to all members of the public and be free to attend
- Recognise Mackay Regional Council’s support for the event on the day and in all promotional material (including posters, flyers and social media) leading up to the event.
To apply for a grant, complete the online application form before midnight Sunday, November 10 (no late submissions will be accepted). Applicants will be notified of the funding result within four weeks of the closing date.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Complete a tax declaration form and return by 5pm Wednesday, December 11 to ensure payment is made before the end of 2019
- Provide complete event details (confirmed times, location, activities etc) for promotion on council’s website as part of our official Australia Day web page
- After the event - complete an Australia Day 2020 Grant Outcome Form (including event feedback, attendance figures, participation of sponsors and images) by February 9, 2020.
* To be eligible, you must be a registered not-for-profit group or supply a letter of support for your event by a registered not-for-profit group.