Australia Day grants
Create a community Aussie Day event!
Australia Day event grants are now open, so you can celebrate what’s great about the Mackay region.
Council is offering Australia Day 2022 event grants of up to $1000 to help not-for-profit groups put on a ripper Aussie Day event. As an example, celebrations could include a family fun day at a local park, an Aussie-themed morning tea or an epic game of beach cricket!
To be eligible, your event must:
- Take place on Australia Day 2022 (Wednesday, January 26)
- Be located within the Mackay Regional Council area
- Be open to all members of the public and be free to attend
- Recognise Mackay Regional Council’s support for the event on the day and in all promotional material (including posters, flyers and social media) leading up to the event.
To apply for a grant, complete the online application form before midnight Sunday, November 21 (no late submissions will be accepted). Applicants will be notified of the funding result within three weeks of the closing date.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Complete a tax declaration form and return by 5pm Wednesday, December 8 to ensure payment is made before the end of 2021
- Provide event details (confirmed times, location, activities etc) for promotion on council’s website as part of our official Australia Day web page as soon as possible
- After the event - complete an Australia Day 2022 Grant Outcome Form (including event feedback, attendance figures, participation of sponsors and images) by February 11, 2022.
* To be eligible, you must be a registered not-for-profit group or have a letter of support from a registered not-for-profit group.
* Before applying for this event funding, please familiarise yourself with the State Governments' COVID-19 Event Safe requirements. More information can be found here.