COVID Recovery Assistance Grant
From Wednesday, June 24, not-for-profits in our region who have been impacted by COVID-19 can apply for a COVID Recovery Assistance Grant.
This $1.2 million special COVID-19 grants package is for not-for-profit sporting and community groups.
The grants will provide additional income to those clubs struggling because of these unprecedented times.
Groups and clubs can apply for up to $5000 to help them back from the impacts the pandemic and associated restrictions have had on their finances.
Applications close on September 4.
- Religious groups
- Fundraising bodies
- Org’s with an annual turnover above $959,000
- Parents and citizens associations
- Representative organisations
- Service clubs
- National groups/service agencies with a local presence (St Vinnie’s, Salvos, etc)
Funding amounts available:
|High Impact||Medium Impact||Low Impact|
|< $250,000 annual turnover||Up to $5,000||Up to $2000||Up to $1000|
|$251,000 annual turnover||Up to $2,000||Up to $1000||$0|
|$601,000 - $959,000 annual turnover||Up to $1,000||$0.00||$0.00|
- High Impact - The organisation has been significantly affected by the pandemic. This includes organisations that have had to close for an extended period of time and have had a significant loss of income.
- Medium Impact - The organisation has been moderately affected by the pandemic. This includes organisations that have been able to function in some capacity, but not to full potential, and has a moderate loss of income.
- Low Impact - The organisation has been slightly affected by the pandemic. This includes organisations that have been able to continue operating as per normal but has received lower business as a result of the government's restrictions on people's movements, and has experienced minimal loss of income.