Mackay Regional Council operates camping reserves at Seaforth, Ball Bay and St Helen’s Beach, located in some of the region’s most picturesque settings. Powered sites are not available.
Bookings for Seaforth Camping Reserve can be made three months in advance (maximum). Phone 0427 373 358 or (07) 4966 4359 to make a booking. EFTPOS available at Seaforth Booking Office.
Bookings are not available for St Helen’s Beach and Ball Bay Reserves.
Fees and charges
Camping fees for council camping reserves for the financial year > July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
- Daily Camp Site (up to a max of six persons per site) $27
- Weekly Camp Site (up to a max of six persons per site) $156
- Additional persons (adult or child per day) $16
- Schools / Non Profit Community Groups or Clubs (per head per stay) $9
- Payment of camping fees confirms your acceptance of these guidelines.Please make sure you obtain a receipt for your stay and a copy of this guideline.
- Enjoy your stay up to a maximum of six (6) weeks (holiday purposes or travellers only).
- The Camping Attendant/Seaforth Police/Council Offices have the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance to leave the camping reserve (Subordinate Local Law 4 - Local Government Controlled Areas, Facilities and Roads 2011).
- There must be at least one person over the age of 18 camping (at all times) per site.
- Maximum six campers per site. An extra site fee is required for more than six campers. Refer to current camping fees.
- Please have consideration for others and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- A total fire ban is now in force.
- No animals are allowed in the camping reserve.
- When parking your caravan along the front sites at Seaforth Camping Reserve, please park East to West e.g. back of van facing water.
- No generators are permitted.
- Dump point only available at Seaforth Camping Reserve. The other closest dump sites are located in Mirani, Mackay and Proserpine. Illegal emptying of toilet cassettes in the available toilets will damage the operation of the system for all users/campers.
Seaforth - Booking office located on site.
Ball Bay and St Helen’s Beach - Attendants visit daily to collect fees.
Click here to download the Camping Guidelines brochure (PDF 1.45MB)