Mackay ARC now open!
The region’s sparkling new Mackay ARC (Aquatic and Recreation Complex) has opened its gates to the public. An official opening of the international-standard sporting complex was held on Saturday, March 9.
This $23.9 million facility puts Mackay region on the map when it comes to sporting venues in Queensland.
With such a state-of-the-art facility available in our backyard it provides a great opportunity for the whole community.
The vision for this multi-facility precinct is to ensure it caters for the future growth of Mackay and meets the future planning needs for sport and recreation in the region.
Proudly managed by Belgravia Leisure, the facilities have approximately 135 car park spaces installed for users, security lighting/CCTV cameras and site service infrastructure and a communications service.
Aquatic facilities in detail
- 50m FINA pool with heating, 10 lanes with disability access, 2m constant depth
- 25m warm up pool with heating and cover, six lanes with disability ramp, 1.35m to 1.1m depth
- 15m learn-to-swim pool with heating and cover, five lanes with disability ramp, 1.1m to 0.9m depth
- Lighting to 100lux
- Grassed future splash area
- Aquatics café and reception/admin facilities
- Event control room and multipurpose space
Athletics facilities in detail
- A 330m2 clubhouse with canteen
- Synthetic track: nine-lane front straight, eight-lane 400m track, and eight-lane back straight
- Athletics storage shed
- Two jumping pits with two triple jump options
- One water jump
- One discus circle
- One discus/hammer circle
- Three shot put circles
- One dual pole vault runway
- Two javelin runways
- Multi-use playing field within the centre of the running track
- Project overview factsheet
- All abilities access factsheet
- Project update #1 (September 2017)
- Project update #2 (November 2017)
- Project fact sheet (December 2017)
- Project update #3 (January 2018)
- Project update #4 (February 2018)
- Project update #5 (March 2018)
- Project update #6 (April 2018)
- Project update #7 (May/June 2018)
- Project update #8 (July 2018)
- Project update #9 (August 2018)
- Project update #10 (September 2018)
- Project update #11 (October 2018)
- Project update #12 (November 2018)
- Project update #13 (December 2018)
- Project update #14 (January 2019)