Application to use a park, reserve or foreshore for a community social event
Public, corporate, sporting or community event (excluding Mackay Regional Botanic Gardens, Queens Park, Civic Precinct and community halls)
Note: Public liability insurance with a minimum $20M coverage must be attached in order to submit your application.
A confirmation receipt of the application email will be sent once the form is submitted.
Terms & conditions
- Applications are to be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the nominated date for approval to be considered.
- As a requirement of your approval Mackay Regional Council (MRC) may request The Hirer/ Approval holder have public liability cover of an amount not less than Twenty Million Dollars ($20,000,000.00) as part of a standard public liability insurance policy. A copy of the public liability insurance policy may be requested for sighting by Councils Parks Booking Officer before this application is approved.
- Should any fees, charges or bonds be applicable to this application, no confirmation of booking or letter of approval will be issued until payment has been made.
- Areas will not be cordoned off or signage erected by Council
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the regions parks are maintained at an acceptable level, Council is unable to guarantee the condition of a specific park area at a particular time, however all efforts are made to provide extra mowing services prior to the booked date.
- Specific Terms and Conditions applicable to the approval of any booking shall be attached to the letter of approval sent to the applicant upon approval of this booking.
- The approval holder is to ensure that the use or activity authorised under the approval does not cause a nuisance.
- The approval holder is to take specific measures to protect the safety of persons who may be involved in, or affected by, the use or activity authorised under the approval.
- Any Tents or Marquees shall be free standing and weighted down with sand bags - no in ground pegs are to be utilised. Underground services are present in Council Parks. Damage to this infrastructure is prevented by not permitting the use of pegs, spikes, star pickets or other ground driven devices. Please contact Council to discuss any special requirements and hold down options for your setup.
- Hirers are permitted to bring their own barbecue provided it is situated at a safe distance from people and vegetation; A drop sheet or drip tray must be placed under the barbecue to protect the surface from grease
- Rice, confetti, Glitter or other manufactured product is not permitted to be released. Bubbles & Rose Petals are an acceptable alternative, however no residue is to remain on concrete pathways or stepped access
- The approval holder is required to remove any rubbish created by the use or activity, and to ensure the area used is left in the same condition as before the use or activity commenced. In the case where bins are not provided or full, all litter must be removed from the site by the hirer immediately at the end of the event. Please note the hirer is responsible for the provision of extra bins where required & removal from site after event.
- When vacating the area, the hirer is responsible to ensure that all items attached to any structures are removed e.g. balloons, streamers and decorations, to avoid litter or possible threat to wildlife or marine animals. No such fixtures are to be attached to trees and no nails or tacks are permitted to be used on any vegetation or structures
- Where MRC incurs costs or expenses in rectifying any damage caused or contributed to by the approval holder or by the conduct of the approved use or activity, the approval holder will be responsible to reimburse the amount of those costs or expenses to MRC.
- The approval holder will use the park, reserve or foreshore for the use/activity stated on the approval and for no other use/ activity.
- The use or activity authorised under the approval is restricted to the specified days and times.
- The approval holder will ensure that no glass or glass receptacles will be used at the park, reserve or foreshore on the date approved.
- All electrical cords, fittings, switches and other electrical equipment must comply with the appropriate Australian Standards and display a current electrical test tag.
- The approval holder is not to restrict/deny pedestrian or vehicle access of the park, reserve or foreshore.
- Parking of Vehicles is to be confined to designated parking areas. Vehicles are not permitted inside the perimeter of the park without specific prior approval (a valid reason must be provided)
- The approval holder will ensure that no signage, flags or decorations are attached to or hung from any tree, structure or building within the park, reserve or foreshore.
- Any damage caused wilfully or accidentally is the responsibility of the approved hirer at the time and Council reserves the right to recover financial costs associated with such damage
- The approval holder will observe, perform and fulfil all the requirements of MRC's Policies and Local Laws not limited to but including food service, noise and waste.
- The approval holder is to carry the approval during the use or activity and is to produce the approval for inspection on demand by an authorised person.
- The approval holder is required to obtain any other necessary approval, lease, licence or permit under any other Local Law, Act or Regulation that is required for the use or activity.
- Council's parklands are public spaces, making a booking and the associated payment does not provide you with exclusive use of the area. If another applicant wishes to use the same area / day as a confirmed booking Council will not take the booking, however Council cannot take responsibility should members of the public decide to use the area without our knowledge.
- Council Community Hall facilities are not for hire under this application and must be hired separately under the Community Facilities Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- Cancellation or changes to bookings must be made in writing to Council at least 5 days prior to the booking date. Refunds will not be given for late cancellations.
- MRC reserves the right to cancel any park, reserve or foreshore booking at any time for any reason including safety concerns of the location. If a cancellation occurs, MRC will endeavour to inform the approval holder and a refund of any fees paid may be negotiated.
- MRC reserves the right to terminate the event, either before or during the event, if the approval holder is in breach of the terms of this approval.