Gordon White Library Community Venue
Thank you for your interest in using the Gordon White Library Community Venue, situated at the Gordon White Library, Phillip Street, Mount Pleasant.
The Community Venue is available:
- Tuesday 10am – 5.55pm
- Saturday 10am – 2.55pm
There are four booking periods each year:
- January to March - December 1
- April to June - March 1
- July to September - June 1
- October to December - September 1
We’ve reviewed our booking process so please read all information carefully before completing your application.
The venue is available during library open hours. Bookings for library and council community focused activities are allocated prior to bookings for community and not for profit groups.
Gordon White Library Community Venue use for non-profit community organisations, (excluding religious, political and registered charity groups) is assessed: and priority allocated to activities that compliment Mackay Regional Council Libraries strategic direction and align with the fundamental role of the public library. Click here to view the Strategic Plan.
Recurring bookings can be made for up to 3 months within these booking periods. Groups can reapply to book in subsequent booking periods. Reapplication for ongoing bookings is the responsibility of the group. Where the organisation has had use for a three-month period, priority may be given to another organisation if demand for the same time slot is high. Applications to use the Gordon White Library Community Venue must be completed in full and Terms and Conditions must be accepted prior to processing your request.
Facilities and equipment
Size: 76.2 m2 (Storage/chair room: 7.83 m)
Seating capacity for up to 50 people
Click here for the current Commercial Fees and Charges.
Terms and conditions
Use of the Gordon White Library Community Venue is subject to Mackay Regional Council's Terms and Conditions (PDF 73.5kb)
Application to use Gordon White Library Community Venue
Complete the online form.
- An automatically generated email will provide confirmation of receipt of your submitted request for use form.
- Response to your request to use Gordon White Library Community Venue will generally be confirmed in writing within 2 – 5 working days.
- We endeavour to respond to your request to use form, as quickly as possible with longer response times necessary during peak times.
- Phone or email contact may be initiated to clarify information provided in your request.
Other Mackay Regional Council venue options you may like to consider: