How to evacuate
No matter the hazard, whether it’s bushfires, cyclones, or storm surge, the basics of evacuating your home are the same.
Know when to go
- Act on warnings and advice
- Leaving early is your safest option
Know where to go
- Family, friends or accommodation outside of the hazard zone
- Evacuation Centres
Know how to move
- Plan to get there safely – know your safest routes and alternatives
- Plan for anyone with limited mobility and your pets
Know what to take
- Emergency kit, medication, radio and important documents
- Consider what you’d pack to go camping for at least 3 days.