What should I do if my dog goes missing?

You should contact council’s Animal Management Centre (AMC) on 1300 MACKAY (622 529).

If council finds your pet and it has a form of identification, registration tag and/or microchip, you will be contacted by a representative from council’s AMC.

If you’re still unable to find your animal we suggest you visit the Pet Search website.

All impounded animals will be held in councils AMC for a minimum of 72 hours, after such time animals will either be rehomed or euthanised.

As a pet owner you are responsible for providing an adequate enclosure and adequate care of your pet if you are going away.

If your pet is impounded, you will be required to pay a pound release fee, in addition to a registration fee if it is not currently registered.