Terms and conditions
Mackay Regional Council (ABN 5624 0712069), is the promoter of this competition and hereafter in the terms and conditions will be referred to as the ‘Promoter’.
Information on how to enter and the prizes to be won form part of the terms and conditions.
By entering this competition, you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to them.
The major prizes include five $100 Porter's Mitre 10 vouchers. Entries will close at 5pm on Sunday, March 13. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, March 15.
The winners will be randomly selected from participants who complete the dengue quiz correctly. Please read the below terms and conditions:
- Total value of the major prizes is $500 GST inclusive.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash or in any other way.
- To enter the competition, simply complete the dengue quiz before 5pm on Sunday, March 13.
- The winners will be notified by phone, email and/or Facebook Messenger and will have 48 hrs to respond and accept the prize. If no response is received, the Promoter reserves the right to redraw another winner, forfeiting the previous winner’s claim to the major prize.
- Entry to the competition is free and residents can enter once only.
- By entering the competition, you agree to subscribe to MRC’s Council Connect eNewsletter
- The competition will open at 9am Monday, January 17, and closes at 5pm sharp (Queensland time) Sunday, March 13, 2022.
- Entry to the competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years living in the Mackay, Isaac or Whitsunday regions. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The major prize winners will be randomly selected on Tuesday, March 15, and announced on social media.
- The Promoter of this competition reserves the right to seek verification of the winner’s age and identity and other relevant information. The Promoter’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage of any nature arising out of the Promotion, including, without limitation, any variation in the value of the prize and any tax liability incurred by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify or change the competition terms without notice.
- By entering the competition, you are consenting to the Promoter contacting you at a later date for marketing and promotion purposes.
- If anyone is unsure about any aspect of this competition or if they are unsure about any of the terms and conditions they are invited to call the Promoter on (07) 4961 9618.
Mackay Regional Council is collecting your personal information in order to confirm you are eligible for this competition. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your written authorisation or as we are required by law.