Permanent water refill stations
Mackay Regional Council’s award-winning water can now be accessed for free by residents, visitors and even pets while they’re out and about.
Council has installed a total of seven water stations throughout the region, making it easier to find fresh, free tap water.
You can: fill up your water bottle, have a drink from the bubbler and give your dog a drink as well.
The drinking fountain and bottle refill stations are wheelchair accessible, have anti-bacterial drinking nozzles and feature dog drinking bowls.
You can also spot them easily with their bright ‘Choose Tap’ design.
Did you know?
- Tap water is good for you. It meets the highest water quality standards. Whereas bottled water can sit on the shelf for ages
- It’s environmentally friendly. You can drink it straight from the tap or use a reusable water bottle.
- It’s far cheaper than bottled water (less than one cent per litre compared to up to $4 per litre).
Plus – Mackay’s water was voted best tasting water in Queensland last year at the 2018 IXOM Best of the Best Queensland Water Taste Test. So, it’s a drop worth drinking.
Find your nearest water station
The water stations can be found at the following locations:
- Botanic Gardens – Lagoon St, near the car park and playground.
- John Breen Park – near the playground and toilet facilities.
- Sarina Field of Dreams – near the entrance to the information centre.
- Mirani Railway Playground.
- Quota Park – near the playground.
- Blacks Beach Park – at the bottom of the stairs at the playground.
- Bluewater Quay – at the carpark.