Visiting us safely
Vaccination status direction for facilities and venuesFrom Thursday, April 14, patrons will no longer be required to check-in or show their vaccination status at the MECC.
It is also no longer a requirement of entry for indoor and outdoor events like festivals.
The State Government public health and social measures linked to Vaccination Status Direction (No. 4) has been revoked by the Chief Health Officer (CHO) Dr John Gerrard.
Council is however reminding residents to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19 by maintaining good hygiene and practicing social distancing.
The health and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers and the wider Mackay region is our top priority.
For everyone’s health and safety, COVID-19 vaccinations (age 16+) are a mandatory requirement for all visitors, staff, contractors, suppliers and service providers entering the Mackay Entertainment Convention Centre as of December 17, 2021.
Onsite protective measures
Mackay Entertainment Convention Centre will continue to apply covid-safe measures from the December 17, 2021, including:
- All onsite staff and contractors are fully vaccinated.
- Floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Frequent cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Hand sanitiser at entry points and throughout the buildings.
- Cashless payments remain preferred at all council food and beverage outlets and council facilities