Why choose the MECC?
- A boutique-size convention centre, the MECC offers affordable, world-class facilities delivered with small town hospitality and excellent customer service
- It's situated in one of Australia's most vibrant and picturesque regional cities
- Mackay offers an estimated 2000 rooms of 3.5-star standard and above, with more than six 4-star quality hotels located within easy walking distance of the MECC
- The MECC Convention Precinct includes the award-winning Artspace Mackay (Mackay Regional Art Gallery), the Town Hall (City Centre Art Deco heritage building) and the Civic Lawn, for additional meeting space or off-site event functions
- Mackay is strategically located as a central meeting point within Queensland - ideal for events drawing a State-wide audience or those from further afield
- The huge 66,484 square kilometre Mackay Region offers diverse destination experiences, complemented by an enviable climate. Average daily temperatures range from just over 22C in the winter months of June-August, up to 30C during the summer months December-February.
‘We found the MECC wonderfully helpful throughout the whole event planning process to execution, with all of our event stakeholders impressed and singing the praises of the MECC”
Emma Brooks, Conference Manager - Developing Northern Australia Conference