Payments and early bird payment initiative
Council offers a variety of options to pay rates and water bills including:
Payments for rates and water accounts can be done safely and securely online with council's online services. Select "Payments" and follow the prompts.
See any of our friendly staff at Mackay Regional Council Libraries for assistance using this service.
Contact your financial institution to make payment from your cheque, savings or credit card account. Quote the Biller Code and Reference number (assessment number) from your rate notice.
Pay in person at any post office or by phoning 13 18 16 or go to postbillpay.com.au. Quote the Biller Code and Reference number (assessment number) from your rate notice.
Pay to council directly by phoning on 1300 768 463. Quote the Reference number (assessment number) from your rate notice. Mastercard and Visa only.
Payments can be made in person at your local council Customer Service Centre or at any Post Office. EFTPOS is available at all locations.
Customer Service Centres are located at:
- Mackay - Sir Albert Abbott Administration Building, Civic Centre, Gordon Street (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm)
- Mirani - 20 Victoria Street (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm)
- Sarina - 65 Broad Street (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm)
Cheques, money orders and postal notes
Cheques, money orders or postal notes must be made payable to Mackay Regional Council and crossed "Not Negotiable". Change cannot be given on cheques.
Property owners will be liable for any dishonour fees and discount will be lost where cheques are dishonoured and not rectified prior to the discount date. Acceptance of a cheque is subject to collection of the proceeds.
Arrangements can be made with council to pay by direct debit from a cheque or savings account.
To initiate a direct debit to pay rates and water accounts, complete the direct debit application and return to council:
- Direct Debit Application (PDF 232.6kb)
Arrangements to pay
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot pay this notice by the due date, please contact our Customer Service Centre to avoid recovery action and associated costs.
Early bird payment initiative
Conditions of entry
- The promotion is conducted by Mackay Regional Council and will be drawn by the mayor or selected delegate
- Entry is free and is open to residential ratepayers excluding corporate identities recognised on rate records of Mackay Regional Council (council staff are not eligible).
- To be eligible for the draw of prizes, all outstanding rates and charges must be paid by the ratepayer and receipted by council or its agencies by close of business, Monday, August 26, 2019.
- There is no requirement that the winner be present at the draw and the prize will not jackpot or be redrawn if the winner is not present.
- The promotion does not involve a round in which eligible ratepayers are eliminated.
- Council will draw three successive prizes each worth $500.
- Prize will be drawn three weeks from the date of notice issue date.
- Prize winners will be notified by mail.
- The results will be published in the Daily Mercury within a week of the draw.