Community Programs team
As a community member or group within the Mackay region you have access to our team of Community Development workers who are here to help you.
The Community Programs team is located at the Jubilee Community Centre in the Civic Precinct on Gordon Street. We also have officers in Mirani and Sarina.
Just some of the things we can provide assistance with include:
Advice, information and training for:
- Meeting management
- Hosting events
- Group promotion
- Media contacts
- Governance and incorporation
- Grant Information and applications
- Council reference groups
- Regular community networking meetings
- Email groups sharing local events and services
- Regular council newsletters
- Local directories
- Regular community events
Specialist community knowledge:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander worker
- Australian South Sea Islander worker
- Older people, multicultural, youth, disabilities, homelessness, volunteers, arts, museums, sports and recreation workers
- Sarina Neighbourhood & Youth Centres
- Rural localities support
Helping you find the right person to talk to at council, including:
- Event approval applications
- Food stall applications
- Contacting your councillor
And so much more!
Contact our Community Development Officers today to discuss your needs and how we can help you.
Phone: 1300 MACKAY (1300 622 529)
Community Development flyer (PDF 441KB)