The Bluewater Quay provides an accessible and attractive lifestyle facility for residents and tourists to enjoy.
The Bluewater Quay extends almost 250 metres and was built around the historic Leichardt Tree (part of the Nauclea orientalis), a common meeting point for new migrants to Mackay that arrived at the old Port district along River Street.
This prime river-front entertainment facility boasts:
- Children’s water-play and playground
- Entertainment stage
- Picnic and barbecue areas
- Viewing platform
- Fishing platform
- Public artworks
The Bluewater Quay has many intents for use, including:
- To create a meeting place for Mackay’s CBD
- A CBD area to host small festivals and public concerts
- Undercover areas for market stalls and events
- An eatery overlooking the Pioneer River