Inkind assistance request
Application must be submitted four weeks prior to your event to be considered by council. (If within four weeks, please phone Inkind Assistance on 4961 9434).
Refunds and or waiver of council fees and charges will not be considered through this program apart from minor fees for venue or parks hire or waste disposal up to a maximum value of $250.
Other requests for assistance with council fees and charges will be directed to the community grant program.
Free or subsidised use of council's organisational resources is recognised as a direct subsidy to a group/organisation and treated with similar equity and accountability requirements as those applicable to applicants for other council grants.
- The Manager of Community Lifestyle has the authority to reject applications of any value, refer applicants to the grants program, where appropriate, and approve applications up to $2,000.
- The Chief Executive Officer has the authority to approve applications up to $5,000.
- Requests valued in excess of $5,000, which are recommended for approval, will be forwarded to full council for endorsement.
Eligible groups/organisations are required to be:
- Located within the Mackay Regional Council area
- Have the majority of members residing in the Mackay region
- Be a nonprofit group/organisation or the event is a charitable community event
- Provide a community benefit to the residents of the Mackay Regional Council area
For more information on organising events in the Mackay region please visit our event page.
Light up Sir Albert Abbott Administration Building
Requests to light up council's Sir Albert Abbot Administration Building can be made by an eligible nonprofit group/organisation for awareness campaigns and are subject to date availability and approval by the Manager of Community Lifestyle.
Colours available: white (clear), yellow, orange, red, green, teal, blue and purple.
This request is to be made on a separate form:
If you would like to organise banners and palms and are eligible for inkind assistance, both the banners and palms form and the inkind assistance request form must be filled out.
If you want to organise hiring of a park and are eligible for inkind assistance, both the Hiring a Park form and the inkind assistance request form must be filled out.
Mackay Regional Council is collecting your personal information in order to process your application. This information will only be disclosed to any other third party with your written authorisation or as required by law.