Comprising three tiered lagoons, the Bluewater Lagoon is a free family-friendly leisure facility overlooking the picturesque Pioneer River in the heart of Mackay's city centre.
Covering an area equivalent to three 50 metre swimming pools, Bluewater Lagoon provides a safe all-round stinger-free swimming environment.
RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED THAT THIS FACILITY IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Council is offering free entry to Mackay ARC on weekends as an alternative. More details here.
- A waterfall connects the two main lagoon areas which vary in depth up to 1.8 metres
- 19.5 metre water slide from the top lagoon to the middle lagoon
- An interactive children's water playground and drop-bucket
- The lagoon provides disabled and elderly access with handrails and suitable water levels
- A 1.9 metre fence surrounds the facility to provide a secure, safe environment
- Electric barbecue facilities available
- The Bluewater Lagoon Café - variety of snacks, drinks and ice cream
Entry fees and charges
Entry is free of charge
Hours of operation
- 9am - 5:45pm during the summer months (September - March)
- 9am - 4:45pm during the winter months (April - mid-July)
- The facility is closed on Christmas Day
- Patrons are required to exit the water 15 minutes prior to the closing time
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday 6:30am to 5pm
- Bluewater Lagoon (PDF 2.23 MB)
Click here to register a booking at Bluewater Lagoon (this booking form is intended for school groups or large community group bookings only)
Location and contact details
River Street, Mackay
Phone: (07) 49 525 244