Comprising three tiered lagoons, the Bluewater Lagoon is a free family-friendly leisure facility overlooking the picturesque Pioneer River in the heart of Mackay's city centre.
Covering an area equivalent to three 50 metre swimming pools, Bluewater Lagoon provides a safe all-round stinger-free swimming environment.
- A waterfall connects the two main lagoon areas which vary in depth up to 1.8 metres
- 19.5 metre water slide from the top lagoon to the middle lagoon
- An interactive children's water playground and drop-bucket
- The lagoon provides disabled and elderly access with handrails and suitable water levels
- A 1.9 metre fence surrounds the facility to provide a secure, safe environment
- Electric barbecue facilities available
- The Bluewater Lagoon Café - variety of snacks, drinks and ice cream
Entry fees and charges
Entry is free of charge
Hours of operation
- 9am - 5:45pm during the summer months (September - March) - REOPENING SEPTEMBER 22.
- 9am - 4:45pm during the winter months (April - May) - the facility will be closed from June for winter maintenance.
- The facility is closed on Christmas Day
- Patrons are required to exit the water 15 minutes prior to the closing time
- Bluewater Lagoon (PDF 2.23 MB)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register a booking at Bluewater Lagoon.
Location and contact details
River Street, Mackay
Terms and conditions
- Please supervise children in your care at all times
- Children under 13 years must be actively supervised at all times by a person 18 years or older
- Children under 5 years and non-swimmers must remain within arm's reach of a responsible person
- Appropriate attire must be worn while in the pool
- Swimming nappies must be worn by young children
- No inflatables are to be used in the pool. Exception being toddlers with flotation devices
- No tent pegs or portable barbecues are to be used on site
- No to the following: running, diving, bombing, pushing, smoking, glassware, alcohol and pets.