The Mackay Regional Council Bursary was established in 2011 by Mackay Regional Council and is designed to support students from the Mackay Regional Council area. Students who are studying in skills shortage areas within the region, for example: Engineering, Planning, Business (Accounting/Marketing/HR/Public Relations/Social Innovation), Environmental Health/Science, Workplace Health & Safety/Emergency Services and Information Technology/Digital Media are encouraged to apply.
A total number of five bursaries are available each year, which aim to provide students with monetary assistance for costs associated with studying, as well as potential paid work experience with Mackay Regional Council.
The total value of each bursary is $5000.
The amount will be $2500 per year for two years, which will be paid in twice-yearly payments of $1250 following submission of evidence to council’s satisfaction of successful completion of studies.
Successful applicants are encouraged to make themselves available for a period of paid vacation work over the summer holiday period, as well as possible other vacation periods able to be provided by council.
Applications will be invited from students studying Engineering, Planning, Business (Accounting/Marketing/HR/Public Relations/Social Innovation), Information Technology/Digital Media, Workplace Health and Safety/Emergency Services, Social Work or Environmental Science/Health who are:
- Entering the second last year of their university degree
- Studying as a full-time student
- Ordinarily a resident from within the Mackay Regional Council area
- Have an interest in seeking employment in the Mackay Region following graduation
- Not receiving any other employer linked bursary or scholarship
- An Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
Mackay Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and would encourage applications from all people, including those who identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disabilities, and those from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Applications will be considered in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit (please attach a copy of your Academic Transcript)
- Demonstrated interest in seeking employment in the Mackay Region following completion of their studies
- Leadership capabilities and/or community service
When to apply
Applications must be submitted by the on-time closing date. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview. The interview panel will comprise of Mackay Regional Council staff.
Applications close: Sunday, April 23, 2023
All documentation must be attached at the time of submitting your application.
How to lodge your application
Complete an online application form
Download the application form and email your application to email@example.com