Sarina Neighbourhood Centre
The Sarina Neighbourhood Centre is a Mackay Regional Council service which receives funding from the State Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disabilities through the Neighbourhood Centre's Initiative.
The centre was officially opened by Mackay Regional Council Mayor, Cr Deirdre Comerford on May 16, 2014.
Sarina Neighbourhood Centre:
- provides universal access for the community with a focus on vulnerable individuals, families and populations
- supports access to more targeted services for vulnerable children, young people and families
- responds to the identified and emergent needs of the local community;
- provides integrated and coordinated responses as part of the local service system
- provides a mixed balance of programs, services and activities including information, advice and referral;
- provides community/ centre-based development and support activities
- promotes community engagement and connectedness.
- Information, advice and referral
- Community events calendar
- Community notice board
- Sarina Community Information Directory
- Sarina Community Newsletter
- Information on other services
- Distribution of community information through:
- Community information directories
- Community newsletters
- Sarina Interagency Group
- Sarina Community Development Committee
- Community Education Activities
- Child Protection Week
- Community Christmas Celebration
- Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Week
- International Women's Day
- Queensland Week
- NAIDOC Week
- Seniors Week
- Emergency Relief Funding
- Food vouchers are available on application for individuals and families experiencing financial hardship. Appointments for interviews to assess eligibility are essential.
- a meeting room is available for community members and groups to utilise during the centre's operating hours.
- an office is available for visiting services to meet with clients during the centre's operating hours.
- Centrelink access point is available for self services to:
- contact Centrelink by telephone
- use the self service computer to report online and download forms and information
- use the fax/printer to print or fax forms and documents
- sighting of original documents on behalf of Centrelink.
Contact details and opening hours:
Open Monday - Friday
9am - 3pm
65 Broad Street, Sarina Qld 4737
Phone: 4961 9290 / 4961 9283
Fax: 4956 1508
Sarina community newsletter
The Sarina community newsletter is compiled monthly and provides a range of information on upcoming events, services, funding opportunities and general information relevant to the Sarina district community.
The newsletter also provides an information sharing opportunity with all local community groups in the Sarina area encouraged to send in their information on upcoming events to be advertised in the newsletter.
Contact the Sarina Neighbourhood Centre Officer on 07 4961 9290 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Copies are available at the Mackay Regional Council Sarina Neighbourhood Centre, Sarina Client Services and Sarina Library.