Ramps across the region to receive security upgrades
Published: 27 Oct 2021
Seven boat ramps will receive security upgrades from this week as part of an ongoing council strategy to improve the usability and safety of ramps in our region.
Contractor Roy Powell Security will be installing solar LED lighting and CCTV surveillance cameras at the following ramps:
- Eimeo Creek off Bucasia Esplanade (Bucasia)
- Grasstree Beach boat ramp and carpark
- Haliday Bay launching point off Haliday Bay Road
- McCreadys Creek off Aspley Way, Andergrove
- St Helens Beach, Carpet Snake Point off Ramp Road, St Helens Beach
- Victor Creek, stage three car park, off Seaforth-Port Newry Road, Seaforth
- Campwin Beach car park and boat ramp.
The boat ramps will still be accessible during the works; however traffic control will be in place.
Works are expected to be completed by December this year, weather permitting.
Please adhere to all signage and instructions.
Some trees will also be trimmed to accommodate the solar power requirements and there will be some noise and dust disturbances associated with these works, however appropriate controls will be put in place to minimise these disturbances.
Should you have any questions about this project, please contact project manager Veanna Joiner on 1300 622 529.
This project is funded by the Australian Government's Building Better Regions Fund and Mackay Regional Council.