Major amendment 1 – Self-Contained Recreational Vehicle Grounds
This amendment to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 will provide a regulatory framework that caters for recreational vehicle grounds.
On December 11, 2019 council resolved to adopt Major amendment 1. This amendment commenced as part of version 3.0 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 on February 3, 2020.
The purpose and general effect of the major amendment is to provide opportunities for small-scale self-contained recreational vehicle grounds to establish in appropriate locations as new facilities or within existing tourist parks. Key components of the proposed amendment include:
- The creation of administrative definitions for self-contained recreational vehicle ground and self-contained recreational vehicle.
- Reducing the level of assessment for self-contained recreational vehicle grounds in certain zones where undertaken as nature-based tourism or as a tourist park where within an existing tourist park and in a small number of other circumstances.
- Inserting provisions related to self-contained recreational vehicle grounds into the tourist park and relocatable home park code.
- Establishing a nature-based tourism code and creating provisions related to self-contained recreational vehicle grounds as well as provisions related to other forms of nature-based tourism.
- Reducing the category of assessment for self-contained recreational vehicle grounds where affected by certain overlays.
Copy of the amendment
Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 3.0 can be viewed online here. It is also available for inspection or purchase at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 73 Gordon Street, Mackay.
The full list of amendments can be viewed here.
A track-changes copy of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 version 3.0 can be viewed here.
The consultation period for the proposed Major amendment 1 has now ended. Consultation ran from August 9, 2019 until September 6, 2019. Two information sessions were also held during the public consultation period to provide more details on the proposed amendment.
On September 25, 2019, Council resolved to respond to submitters by providing a copy of the Consultation Report to each person who made a submission and providing a copy on Council’s website. The Consultation Report is available here.
For enquiries or further details please contact council’s Strategic Planning Program on 1300 622 529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.