Minor amendment 3 and Administrative amendment 5
On June 12, 2019, council resolved to adopt Minor amendment 3 and Administrative amendment 5 to the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 (planning scheme).
These amendments will be incorporated into Version 2.2 of the Mackay Region Planning Scheme 2017 which will commence on June 17, 2019.
A full list of the amendments made is available here.
Minor amendment 3
The purpose of Minor amendment 3 is to:
- Amend the Flood and coastal hazard overlay – flood hazard maps to reflect new flood mapping; and
- Reflect updated SPP mapping; and
- Reference the Mackay Waterfront PDA Development Scheme.
The changes to the flood hazard overlay mapping reflect two flood studies that have been adopted by council:
- The Bakers Creek South Mackay Stormwater Trunk Infrastructure Study. This flood study was adopted on March 13, 2019 and covers a stormwater catchment over parts of Ooralea, South Mackay and Paget.
- The Sarina Drainage Study. This study was adopted on November 14, 2018 which covers a stormwater catchment over land north of Plane Creek and west of the Bruce Highway in Sarina.
Property owners affected by changes to flood hazard mapping are required to be notified. Letters have been sent to property owners affected by these changes. A FAQ has been prepared which may answer common questions related to the amended flood hazard mapping.
Administrative amendment 5
The purpose of Administrative amendment 5 is to:
- Update wording around the Mackay Waterfront PDA;
- Update explanatory information and effective from dates for overlay maps; and
- Correct errors in spelling, grammar, numbering and cross references; and
- Update version numbers.