Would you like to feel more connected to your neighbourhood?
We’ll put the kettle on!
Council will also be hosting a series of free “Cuppa with your neighbour” events where you can enjoy a free coffee while networking with other residents in your neighbourhood.
Council’s Community Development officers will be at these events to have a chat and share more information on activities happening in your area.
Cuppa with your neighbour events will be held on:
- Tuesday, March 14, from 8am to 10am at the Seaforth Mango Trees
- Saturday, March 18, from 10am to noon at Sealand Takeaway and Café, Midge Point
- Tuesday, March 21, from 8am to 10am at Beachfront Bar and Restaurant, Bucasia Esplanade
- Thursday, March 23, from 9am to 11am at The Esplanade, Grasstree Beach
- Friday, March 24, from 8.30am to 10.30am at The Pinnacle Whistlestop Coffee Cart
About Neighbour Day
Neighbour Day was founded in Melbourne in March 2003 by local resident, Andrew Heslop, after the remains of an elderly woman were found inside her suburban home, more than two years after her death. Relationships Australia became the custodian of Neighbour Day in 2014 and the day has since grown into an ongoing, year-round social connection campaign that seeks to address loneliness across Australia. Neighbour Day is celebrated on the last Sunday of March annually.