St Helens Beach
Located right on the beach, the campsite offers beautiful ocean views, great fishing and easy access to a well-maintained boat ramp.
Facilities include covered picnic tables, barbecues, fireplaces with wood provided (available for purchase), toilets (wheelchair accessible), fresh water, hot showers (coin operated) and rubbish bins.
Fees and charges
- Daily camp site (up to a max of six persons per site) - $15
- Weekly camp site (up to a max of six persons per site) - $87
- Additional persons (adult or child per day) - $9
- Schools / non-profit community groups or clubs (per head per stay) - $9
- Payment of camping fees confirms your acceptance of these guidelines. Please make sure you obtain a receipt for your stay and a copy of these guidelines.
- Enjoy your stay up to a maximum of six (6) weeks (holiday purposes or travellers only).
- The camping attendant /council officers have the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance to leave the camping reserve (Subordinate Local Law 4 - Local Government Controlled Areas, Facilities and Roads 2011).
- There must be at least one person over the age of 18 camping (at all times) per site.
- Maximum six campers per site. An extra site fee is required for more than six. Refer to current camping fees.
- Please have consideration for others and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- A total fire ban is now in force.
- No animals are allowed at St Helen’s Beach camping reserve.
- Generators with a maximum noise level output of 65dB are permitted between the hours of 7am to 7pm.
Dump point locations
There are a number of options available for caravan and motorhome sullage sites in the Mackay region. Click here for more information.
Not available for St Helens Beach camping reserve. Note - attendants visit daily to collect fees.